Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 5: The first milestone!

Well here we go. I have hit my first mile stone! I have completed 1000 jumpees. I feel accomplished and tired. haha I must have done something right yesterday because I was not nearly as sore today as I have been. I was almost able to walk normally. lol Also I discovered today that Mandarin Orange Spice tea from Celestial Seasonings is delicious. It smells like fall, and I love fall. :D
There was a little more exciting news today. What could be better than hitting my first mile stone you ask? Well Cal, Patrick(who works for City Year) and I were appointed as coaches at ABC this evening. The board meeting had their monthly meeting and we pitched our idea to them. Basically the rowers want to improve, but the infrastructure has not been there to facilitate that. We then had our membership meeting along with a few jumpees (200 to be exact).  A quick shout out to Bri-guy who supplied dinner (delish turkey burgers) for the membership meeting. 


Did you know that according to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Committee, one in twelve people worldwide is malnourished, including 160 million children under the age of 5. How crazy is that? It makes me greatfull for what I have, but also makes me wonder how much of a difference my one water buffalo will actually make. But then I have to realize that the family that gets this great animal will greatly benefit from it, and it will change their lives. And once they pass the gift onto another family that family will benefit, and so on. Little donations, like the one I am trying to make, will greatly help to change the often devastating path the world seems to be going down. 


On that note, I will try to post tomorrow, but will probably be unable as I am headed out to the Heifer Ranch in Perryville for the afternoon/night tomorrow. I will of course do my 200, and will fully update you when I return. Peace and Love y'all. 

1 comment: