Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 10: Heat Wave?

Hot. Hot. Hot. It is fall, so shouldn't the weather be cooling down? One would think, but it is HOT out! I think weather.com says it is 93 right now. To the person who controls the heat I would just like to make a personal request for maybe some 70deg weather. Thanks that is much appreciated! This morning I got up and headed down to the boathouse to help with the last day of our Discover Row class. I can't believe how much everyone has learned and improved in the 3 days we have been working.
So I got home around 12 and decided to do my 200 for the day on my porch again. Which has been working out for me, but did I mention that it is hot? I am not sure I have ever sweat so much! haha A little gross but the truth. A little stretching and I am done for the day. Yay! Hopefully I will have another relaxing afternoon and will be able to cook my self a nice dinner, as I have not really had too much time to do that lately. 
So if you have some free time I suggest you check out this pretty cool website called Free Rice. Free Rice has two goal, they strive to provide education to everyone for free. And they want to help end world hunger by providing rice to hungry people for free. Basically how it works is you answer a vocabulary, language, math, art, science or geography question and if you get it right the site will donate 10 grains of rice to a country in need and the more questions you get right the more rice you collect. It is addicting and today I learned that the word 'stopgap' means makeshift. Did you know that?
So I am now 2000 jumpees down! Quite exciting! Only 13000 to go, Wooo!! Hope y'all are having a great weekend! :D

1 comment:

  1. does free rice take up the time you used to spend playing text twist?? if text twist & free rice teamed together.... who knows what they could conquer.

    ReplyDelete