Thursday, September 23, 2010

Day 14: Back to Perryville :D

Today has been a hectic day. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, so I decided to have an extra strong cup of coffee. Probably not the best idea because I was jittery for the rest of the morning. I did my best to channel that energy into my work, and was mostly successful. haha Around lunch time I had been invited to attend a fashion show for Breast Cancer survivors. So I went to that, and I have to say it was quite moving, especially when all of the models (who were survivors) walked down the runway holding up signs for how long they were cancer free.

After a bit more work, I headed home to pack real quick (which always takes longer than expected). Made a quick stop at Sonic, so I could have something cool to drink in my non-air conditioned car on my way to P.Ville. Made it to the Ranch, dropped my stuff off at the lodge we will be staying at and headed to dinner. This trip to the Heifer Ranch will be much different than my last one, mostly because I will be sleeping indoors. haha I am definitely looking forward to this experience. After dinner we had a nice orientation where we watched a movie (Passing of the Gift) and reviewed the 7M's. (Milk, Muscle, Money, Manure, Motivation, Materials and Meat)
After our orientation we headed back to the lodge where I changed and began to do my jumpees. As I have said I am now doing my jumpees pretty quickly. Today I did them in about 25min. Not too shabby. I am going to try to get up early tomorrow and do my jumpees early. Just so I can get them out of the way for the day.  
200 more down. 2800 finished to date. 12200 to goooooo! Woowoo! Also I would just like to say I have just learned more about the mating life of bees today than I ever cared to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment