Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 16: The Challenge

So I just wanted to take todays post to remind everyone why I am doing this challenge. Today, even though I am at Heifer Ranch learning all about Heifer's works, ironically, I began to forget why I am challenging myself to complete 15000 jumpees. I am doing this to help make someone's life better. My donation will, hopefully, help someone bring themselves up out of poverty. They will be able to buy food for themselves, send their children to school, or invest in their community. This is really not about me, and I feel like I need to keep that on the forefront of my mind.

Today was hard. Really really hard. I have been out at the ranch now since Thursday afternoon. I woke up early this morning intending to do my jumpees and get them out of the way, as I did yesterday. But when my alarm went off at 6:15, I could not get out of bed. I was so tired. I figured I would do them after the days activities, but when that came, I still did not really want to them. I think today was really the first day that I did not want to do my jumpees. I considered skipping them for the day, especially after my large dinner and 2 s'mores.

I thought I would make them up at some undetermined time. But then I really thought about it for a moment. If I were living in an impoverished situation and I needed to feed my family, would I just take a day off because I didn't feel like it? I would not even have the option . If I take a day off, my family continues to starve. So I went out in front of the visitors center, next to the water buffalo paddock, and jumped. It was hard, and not what I actually wanted to be doing, but away I went. And I have to say, I am so glad I did them. My 200 today made me really think about why I am continuing to do this, and I have to say that I cannot wait to do my 200 tomorrow.

Another 200 down. 3200 finished. 11800 to go. Help me get to my goal, and help a person/ family/ community bring themselves to a better place in life, a better standard of living. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment