Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 1: Part 2

SO, I have begun my long journey of jumpees this afternoon. But lets back track a few hour first. I decided to go out to lunch today with my friend Cal. My roommate Tyler had raved about this pizza chain in Little Rock called Larry's pizza. It is only open for lunch, and if you're lucky, the nicest, most southern woman, named Kerri will be there to wait on you. It is buffet style, with a twist. As the hot pizza comes out they walk around the buzzing restaurant and give you your pick. Also you can request pizzas! Pretty cool. Be careful though, you can tend to loose track of how much you eat (especially when it comes to their cinnamon sticks or chocolate pizza). Any who, lets just say I ate my fair share, probably not the ideal meal to start off my jumpee extravaganza. Live and learn right?

So after work I headed down to the Little Rock Boathouse Club (come down and check us out) where I met up with Cal. The plan for this afternoon was to go for a row during the RazorRockRally. The Razorbacks are a religion down here. Tomorrow there is a game versus the Louisiana Monroe Warhawks. I will be in attendance with Cal and some new friends from City Year. But anyways back to the jumpees. I have decided that it is too much to do 200 hundred jumpees in one sitting. It has got to be broken up! Also stretching will be a key part to this process as well. I can tell you right now that walking tomorrow will not be pleasant. haha But those jumpees will not do themselves.

 Shout out to Cal who joined in for about half of my jumpees today! Moral support is great! Also shout out to my first two donors of the day, you know who you are!
200 jumpees down. Only 14, 800 to go  :D See y'all tomorrow.

1 comment: