Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 17: Back from Perryville

I think it is safe to say, Fall is here in central Arkansas. The weather is crisp and the leaves are turning. Although there is a little bit of a phenomena with the leaves here that I have not seen before. The summer is so hot here that the leaves are literally burnt around the edges. But I think it makes them all that more unique. I need to plan my first pie baking event. Apple pie is one of my favorites. But for tonight I will just stick with some fresh chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk.
Today Heifer University ended. I really appreciated the opportunity I had to go and it was a good reminder about what we are doing at Heifer. Sometimes I think everyone gets so involved in their specific projects that it is good to be brought back down and reminded of who we are helping and what it is all about. When I got back from the ranch I immediately fell asleep and took a 2hr, much needed, nap. After nap time, came jumpee time. And while I would not say I enjoyed them, it was not quite as hard as yesterday.
This week is going to be one of those hectic crazy weeks. But I know I am going to learn a lot, and hopefully I have sprinkled enough fun stuff in there so it will not be too crazy. Like Wednesday evening I am taking a cooking class! We are making jambalaya and key lime pie. I cannot wait for that!

Shout out to my most recent donor, thanks for the support! 200 more down. 3400 completed. 11600 to go! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment