Saturday, September 11, 2010

Day 2: Lake Maumelle and the Razorbacks

The water on the Arkansas River is flowing too fast to go out rowing today. The water at ABC's other site, Lake Maumelle is too low to row. So a few of us decided to go down to Maumelle anyways to de-rig a couple of boats and bring them back to the N. Little Rock site and do a little general house keeping. Well the Maumelle site is at a marina/ boat grave yard. Pretty interesting/cool/ a little freaky. haha We had a good show of people to help out. We did some trash clean up (Cal and I were pretending that all of the trash we found was evidence in a murder scene) (there were 3 murders in case you were wondering), and some of the stronger folk got a tractor and fished some random large metal pieces out of the water that would have impeded with our putting the boats on the docks. There I began my set of 200 jumpees.

I woke up this morning and was a little surprised at how un-sore I was. I am pretty sure it was my excellent stretching skills. haha. But as soon as a began jumping, boy did I feel it. As I got deeper and deeper into my 200, the worse it hurt. I did about 100 out at Maumelle. Then we drove back to the NLR site, bumpin to music the whole way. As we waited for the trailer with the boats on it to arrive, I continued my jumpees. The boats came (by the way we have an awesome pink boat! It's dedicated to the Susan G. Komen cause) and we put them away. I continued my jumpees. At about 30 to go, I realized that this is going to be a long 3mo. haha I am hoping that the more I do them, the easier they will become. So far I am struggling, but I did complete my 200 for the day. WOO!

This afternoon will consist of grilling, beer and football (Go Razorbacks!) (I do not really have much of an affiliation with them, but while I am in Little Rock the Razorbacks are a religion, so I will follow). Cal and I went out last night and I got a Razorbacks shirt, and tailgating will commence in about an hour for the 6:00 game. I have a vision of intoxicated jumpees happening this afternoon, and I just do not see that ending well. haha GO RAZORBACKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment