Thursday, October 21, 2010

Vandals and a trip to the Chenal dentist

So yesterday a few people decided to go out for a pick up row. These usually go off without any hitches, but yesterday was no ordinary day. Everything seemed fine at first, I was doing my jumpees, and a couple of others were erging. Until Cal got there, and she went down to get the launch boat ready to take out. She unhooked it from the dock, and shoved off. About 6 ft from the dock, she realized that the engine would not start. Which was odd because it just came back from the shop and should have been working fine. Well, apparently some crazy hoodlems came into the area where our boat was parked the night before and cut our gas line, stealing our gas tank, and making the launch undriveable. Oy. Thank goodness the North Little Rock fire department happened to be right there to pull her back in. Also thank goodness a couple of people on the team were able to run out to the store and get us a quick fix. We have a more permanent fix today.

The dentist stresses me out. One thing that stresses me out more than going to the dentist, is going to a dentist that I have never been to before. That is the worst. But as I did not go to the dentist over the summer, I was way over due for a visit and had to find a new dentist here in Little Rock. I was recommended to a couple, but finally chose one, Dr. DJ Dailey. It turned out to be a very upstanding place, the staff was super nice, and Dr. Dailey was great. This how ever did not mean that I would have no problems. There are always problems. Ugh. I have some cavities. Which is weird to me because I think of myself as being a pretty good teeth brusher. But never the less, they are there and I now have to go back on Monday for the dreaded fillings. :( I wish my dad were here to hold my hand and drive me home from my appointment...

So even though my day was not 100% great, I was still psyched for practice. Today was just kind of a steady state, longer piece. We took out an 8 and a single (Me!). I rowed and rowed. I rowed just over 10,000 meters, which is about 6.2 miles. But I got a charlie horse in the middle of the row, those are never fun. And I was using oars I had never used so I now am the proud owner of many new blisters. Good thing I decided to use lime in my dinner tonight... OW!

Also today I cooked half of an organic, pasture chicken. And I have to say it tasted happy... :)
Today's Spanish word is: Cattle = Ganado


I am now at 8200 done, so just 6800 to go. I appreciate all of your support. I still have about $120 to go before I hit my $250 goal! So tell your friends and you mom's about me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment