Monday, October 11, 2010

Getting caught up: Kachunga and the Alligator

Kachunga and the Alligator!
So the last you heard from me I had a hectic weekend planned. Friday night a couple of us headed to the State Fair. It was awesome. I am a sucker for fair food. I had a pulled pork sandwich, grilled corn and deep fried oreos (SO GOOD). I think I might still be full from that. We also went to an alligator show, it was called Kachunga and the Alligator (actually I saw an add for it on tv today). It was a bit bizarre, and Steve Irwin-esque.  Soon after that I headed to bed early as I knew I had a busy day on Saturday.

Fried Oreos!
I got up early and headed to the Red Cross so I could take an 8hr course on CPR, AED and First Aid. It was long, and only slightly painful, but I am glad I did it. Now if you find yourself choking and I am near by, I can attempt to save your life with my new skill set. Or as my instructor said, 'you will be deader than a grave yard' haha. (By the way did I mention that my instructor is 80 yo? He was a fountain of great sayings like 'madder than a cat in a sandbox'). After my class was over, a group of us got together and headed over to North Little Rock to partake in the World Cheese Dip Competition. (Did you know cheese dip was invented right here in Arkansas?) We were all really excited, but when we got there, we found out that all of the competitors had run out of cheese dip hours earlier! So disappointing. So we scrapped that plan and headed to a restaurant near by for dinner. And then back to LR for a little late night exploration of the city.

Sunday I got up and was greatly encouraged to watch Boondock Saints (which I had never seen before). So I did, and I have to say it was pretty good. A little out there, but pretty good. Mid- day I was invited to a crew team brunch, where we had pumpkin pecan pancakes (say that 5 times fast), delicious omelets and I learned the how to play bocce ball. So all and all it was a good weekend. :)

Today's Spanish word is: To Frown = Fruncie el Ceño 
And I must say that I am all caught up on my jumpees! Yay finally!! So that is 6200 down! WOO. Only 8800 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment