Thursday, October 28, 2010

A gathering of thoughts.

Ok I have been writing this post for days now. But I now have a moment to sit and finish it. It is a bit random, but aren't most of my posts? Anyways bear with me.

First of all, perhaps you have noticed a little green leaf logo on the right hand side of my blog. “My blog is carbon neutral” is an initiative, originally started in Germany by the “Make it Green” program, that has the goal to reduce carbon dioxide emissions. Running a blog with 15,000 visitors (which I am no where near, but now my blog will be super green) per month can emit 8 pounds of carbon dioxide per year (think computers and servers). This group will plant a tree for my blog, neutralizing my blog’s carbon footprint for the next 50 years! So if you are reading this and you have a blog, you should add this as well! :)

Arkansas Boathouse Club is really gearing up for the Head of the Hooch regatta that is taking place in just over a week. Everyone really seems to have made the commitment to coming down and working hard, and from a coaches perspective, that is really great to see. Unfortunately one of the boats that I am rowing in at the Hooch (women's 4x) has not had a chance to practice at all. So if we cannot get our act together this weekend and get some water time, the first time we will be rowing will be next Friday afternoon. Haha I am sure it will be a fun race no matter what.

*Mom do not read this next one*
I have not been treating my hands very well recently. I took out a single the other day and collected a multitude of new blisters. Not to mention I was on a cooking spree today (explanation below) got a cut on my finger while using my super sharp (but super cool) knives. It is not bad at all, just a little stingy when I squeeze limes. Also how do hangnails occur?

Ok so between my grocery shopping yesterday and today, I am pretty sure I could feed an army. Well hopefully I can at least feed 11 hungry dinner guests. Yay! I am hosting my first dinner party in Little Rock tomorrow night. We will be having fajitas (with all the fixins) and Mexican Chocolate pots de creme (a recipe that I have been saving for a time like this). I'll be sure to let you know how it goes. But today I did a lot of the prep work. Like making the pots de creme, and mashing avocado, and attempting to make a tortilla de patatas (and kind of failing(even though I used Spanish olive oil and everything!)) and cutting meat into strips, etc.

ALI IS COMING TO LITTLE ROCK THIS WEEKEND. Aka tomorrow! I cannot even express how excited I am to see her. :D I will show her all 5 exciting things there are to see here in Little Rock. haha But seriously I hope she is ready to have a stellar weekend, because I am!

Also I have gotten a second wind in the jumpee arena. I am now up to 9400 done. Sweet huh? I am almost to my next milestone, 10,000! WOO! Well anyways I am not sure how next weekend will go. I will be at the Hooch and racing 2-3 times. I do not know if i I will be up for 400 jumpees. Not to mention I will be in a car all day Friday. But I bet jumpees will be a welcome relief to sitting in a car for 8 hrs.  Rowers really are crazy people.

Ok so if you have made it this far through my post, you are a saint. haha Remember to vote! I have decided to close the polls on Sunday evening, so you still have a few days to get your vote in. And let me also say that just because I have not chosen a new goal yet, does not mean you do should stop donating to the cause!

1 comment: