Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Epiphany

Ok all, I have really never had what one would call an epiphany. Until today that is. After reading several articles and discussing with co-workers I have decided to make the switch to organic milk. I don't want to severely gross anyone out, but apparently it is common for un-organic milk to contain some amount of blood and puss from infected cow udders. I know, I know the FDA allows some amount of gross elements (such as rat droppings and insects) into a lot of our foods. But for some reason this milk thing has really gotten to me. And just ask my roommates from last year, I love milk!! So my 2 week milk hiatus that I have been on has been painful to say the least. And I know what else you are going to say. 'Aren't you just a poor intern? How will you afford the price hike or buying organic milk?' Well to you I will say, I will just have to cut back in other areas.

I have been encouraged to go organic in other areas of my life. And I totally agree with organic and local buying, but for now, I think this is a good first step as I am not buying anything organic or local now. (Maybe I will look into buying my organic milk locally, hmm.) Also I am gong to try to start buying all of my fruits and veggies in season. So that means no more strawberries in the middle of winter. I am really starting become conscious of the foods I eat, where they come from and how they are produced. I feel really good about this. :)

Also today I tried borscht today for the first time. And I loved it! I could eat cabbage all day long... mmm. When I got back from the boathouse this evening, I had a lovely time peeling and eating my first pomegranate of the season whilst watching Love Actually. What a great night. :) I am now ready for the Holidays to start! Amazing what one movie can do to ya.

Today's Spanish word is: Blind = Ciego
Well 200 more jumpees completed. 6400 down, 8600 jumpees to go! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment