Tuesday, November 9, 2010

What was that?

Oh it was a whole week flying past! AHH! I know it has been almost a whole week since I posted *Sorry!* I have been running around like a crazy person! Friday morning 6 of us left for Chattanooga, TN at 4:45am. As previously mentioned, rowers are nuts. About an hour later, we came to a screeching halt... No literally we ran over a wooden/ metal object in the road and it made a horrible noise not to mention it gave us 2 flat tires. Oy!
2 Flat Tires. Sad Day. 

We did make it to Chattanooga, but not quite in time to go for a practice row on the course. Oh well, just made things more exciting on race day. Saturday we had 3 boats race, a Men's Master 4+, a Men's Club 4+ and a Women's Club 4+. Sunday we raced a Woman's Master single (ME!), a Men's Novice single and a Mixed 8+. Even with a few stressful moments (like grabbing 4 port oars instead of 2 port and 2 starboard) it was a good weekend. Although, and I am not even a little bit ashamed to admit this, I went to bed at 8:45 last night.
Women's Club 4+ 

This afternoon, we unloaded the trailer and had our monthly membership meeting. (Which sadly is the last one I will attend.)  I feel like everything I do now is a last. Last practice, last membership meeting, last trip to LRFC... and the list goes on. Oh and did I mention that I just found out that the Peace Corps medically cleared me today! Yay! One more hurtle overcome. And now, I wait. I could hear if I am accepted tomorrow, or it could be the day before Thanksgiving... *hums Jeopardy theme song*

11800 down Wowwee! 3200 to go. Still raising money, so don't be shy, donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment