Monday, November 15, 2010

Peace

OK so this post is getting a makeover. I had a bunch of stuff on here about my waiting for the Peace Corps to get back to me, yadda yadda yadda. Well I guess this is what I get for procrastinating and not putting this post up. I apologize. But the news I have been waiting for is here, I GOT IN TO THE PEACE CORPS!!! I got the phone call today, and my invitation will be in the mail in just a couple of days. Meaning that By next week at the latest I will know where I will be spending the next 2 years of my life. Woah. I am totally stoked. I of course have my suspicions as to where I will be sent but, I won't post them here as well there are about a dozen countries in Latin America (where I will be going) that the Peace Corps is in, and well I have narrowed it down to about 9. haha Go me.

This week and last week were pretty chill as we did not have practice. Since daylight savings occurred last weekend, it has been to dark in the evenings to do anything useful. But next weekend we have a scrimmage within the boathouse and a winter clean up day. Also next week I have a huge presentation at work. It is kind of my final 'what I have done with my time at Heifer' presentation. Slightly nervous as there will be a lot of big wigs there. EEK! Lots of deep breaths.

OO Also I went zip lining this past weekend. It.Was.Awesome. If you ever get a chance DO IT.haha
 I have worn myself out with excitement, so it is off to bed. :)

2 comments:

  1. hey, I found your blog on pc journals, and had to comment because I'm nominated for the peace corps in Latin America for February/March, and saw that you just got an invite for that region! Thats so exciting! Then I saw you went to UMass and I did too! I went to boston though, I'm not sure which campus you were at. Congrats on your invite, when you find out what country/when please post, I'm so curious!

    ReplyDelete