Friday, January 21, 2011

Hola!

My internet access is going to be pretty sporadic for the next few weeks. I made it safely to El Salvador. We took a bus to San Vicente and have been staying in a local hotel. It has been pretty nice to have air conditioning and showers so I will be sad to leave it today. But on the other side of that I am meeting and moving in with my first host family today! Yay! I am very excited about that. There will be a couple of other volunteers at my site for the first two months, so that will be good. Yesterday was a loooong,  a very busy 13hr day. I will go in to detail later but mostly we were in meetings on health issues (preping water, cooking, and washing veggies dehydration etc) and gang violence and I got my typhoid shot. Also we were issued mosquito nets and have begun taking malaria medication. The food so far has all been delicious. Good thing I like beans! I am about to run out the door to breakfast, but will be able to post again some time next week I think.



1 comment:

  1. Hope the move in with your temporary host family went well. I hope we can Skype again soon!

    ReplyDelete