Thursday, January 13, 2011

The End of The Wait

So here I we are, 4.5 days until I am off to staging in VA and I am about 50% done packing and 50% done with my quilt, and 85% done with the skirt I am making. Here is what I have of my quilt! I am done with the pattern on the top, I just need to add the padding and back, sew it all together and close it up around the edges. I need to finish it before I leave though, because if I don't my Dad said he was going to take over and finish....


I will post a pic of the 100% finished product.
(If I finish that is)
As for my packing, I have come to the realization that I am going to run out of space in my bags before I hit the 80lb weight limit. Oy. I have a feeling I will be asking my parents to mail down everything that I cannot fit into my bags. (Thanks Mom and Dad!)  Speaking of mailing, I do not have an address yet, but as soon as I do, I will post it. They recommend that people only send packages and mail via USPS. Nothing else, just USPS. 

So I put off buying a pair of sandals until I could figure out which brand I wanted to buy. I narrowed it down to either Chaco's or Teva's. But I still have not purchased them... I know I am cutting it down to the wire, but I cannot decide. I need to have a pair that have a back, as required by the PC, if you are planning on wearing sandals. Hopefully I will figure that out soon, as I am not super keen on wearing sneakers all summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment