Saturday, October 20, 2012

Facts Of My Current Life

1. I just used Fabreeze as perfume. Rainy season is upon us and it is not doing any favors for my clothes. Mildew is not a smell that suits me.

2. This is the current state of my shoes...













3. I was discussing dating prospects with another volunteer the other day. We both agreed that proximity to us is our current most attractive aspect in a guy. I realize how ridiculous this is, but it is where we are at right now.

4. I have 100 bottles of home made shampoo sitting on the floor of my house waiting to be labeled and sold. That is a lot of shampoo. The honey flavor makes my hair look fantastic.

5. Lest you think I am complaining about my life, my bangs have grown out! I no longer have to deal with them! Yay! And it only took nine months.

6. I went flower shopping a couple of weeks ago and bought some really beautiful flowers that are now hanging on my porch. Heaven forbid I could plant something in the ground that is not protected by a yard of chicken wire. Chickens eating everything in site is a definite downside of chick rearing.





7. I just had this super awesome dress made. 
Pay no mind to my hair please.



















8. I found okra in the market yesterday! I repeat OKRA! Nom.

9. I am getting ready for my next excursion with my youth group. We are going to the Zoo and an environmental museum in San Salvador next Saturday. The kids seem pretty excited about going to the zoo, this will be all of their first trips to the zoo and to the capital.

10. I officially have less than five months left of my Peace Corps service... Where did the time go? I feel like yesterday I was leaving my Mom in the Panama City Beach airport to head off to staging and now I am thinking about what is next. Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment