Wednesday, July 27, 2011

10 Unrealistic Things

...I wish my parents would bring me when they come visit IN ONE WEEK.


1. A Chipotle burrito (No explanation needed.)

2. Target (the whole store would be great, thanks. Such a great store. Walk in needing stationary, walk out with $100 worth of stuff you forgot you needed. And most have a pretty decent grocery store now. Legit.)

3. Meat that I can identify. (Bacon, steak, pork loin, ribs etc)

4. CJ (My puppy from home. She does not bite me or purposely knock glasses off your porch just to watch them break and see how mad you get or tear holes in my clothes or eat my books. I miss her.)

5. A case of Dr. Pepper (Can't you just put it in lots of 3 oz containers and carry it on?)

6. Any of my friends (I love my PC friends, but I miss my girls from home. Either high school or college or LR friends, I won't be picky about that. One more plane ticket won't hit the wallet too hard, will it?)

7. Cooler weather/ less rain (Winter my ass. It is hot and rainy here. There are no down coats or snow in site.)

8. Indoor plumbing (What I have now is better than a latrine but worse than indoor plumbing. I just want to not know where the water for my toilet comes from. I want to push the lever and not think about it any more. This is probably one of the reasons America gets such a bad rap.)

9. Enforced traffic laws (Because the ones here are not regularly enforced. My boss was driving myself, my counterpart, some other volunteers and their counterparts from a workshop out east to San Salvador last week, and he passed a cop on a two lane highway. Literally blew my mind. Cops goin' too slow? Pass em.)

10. A pillow (They are actually bringing me this, but apparently my mother thinks it is unreasonable due to bulkiness, so it is on this list.)


This time in one week, I will be sitting in a hotel in San Salvador awaiting my families  arrival and utilizing the gym and pool. Also today I purchased cups that Hoja cannot break and a spray bottle to keep her in line. Go me!


Spanish Word of the Day:
DishesTrastes




*UPDATE* I dropped the spray bottle and it came apart. Hoja ate one of the pieces, so we are back to square one.

No comments:

Post a Comment