Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hoja: A Memory



So after 9 beautiful, chaos filled months together, my time with Hoja has come to an end. It culminated when she chewed my host mom's cell phone in to 128 pieces. I was already thinking about finding a new home for her as her behavior was still out of control and I am headed stateside for the Christmas season, but this just pushed it over the edge. I told my host family I needed a new home for her, and they agreed to help me find one. An hour later, my host dad told me he found a family to take her in, and he would take her the next morning when he left for the corn fields. This husband of this family works in the mountains and my host dad said he would take Hoja with him so that she could run all day and be too exhausted at the end of the day to cause any trouble. So my host dad took her the next morning and all that his story implies. I am just going to let it go, because as much as it pains me to think of the reality of her fate, life is just different down here. Especially for a dog. There are no animal shelters or websites dedicated to finding dogs new homes. If a dog is misbehaving, it is taken care of in a very country sort of way. So this post is a dedication to the adorable, mischievous life of Hoja. 


First bath. Adorbs. 

Being bi-lingual is hard. Even harder when
you're just a little puppy. Gotta study hard.
Chores are also hard. For some reason she
 loved sleeping on this broom. 



All the sibs. She was one of 7. 


Doesn't every dog go through a chicken
eating phase? No? Hello?

Always on the look out. 

Bonding with Clay.

Holding court.
Look at that belly! So many spots :)


Rocco and Hoja: siblings, best friends.
Life is so hard when you are genetically
disposed to cause mischief.





I miss ya already, little buddy.

Mischief managed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment