Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Salvo life

My living room at my host family's house- My room is the curtain right by the right edge of the camera

Composting Latrine that I use haha

Shower, that I am sad to leave behind for bucket baths

Sugar cane right by my house (huge industry here)

Chicken coop so the chickens dont get eaten by the large cats that live in the sugar cane

My tiny room and mosquito net (this picture was taken from my doorway)

My family's pila- the left is for washing clothes and brushing teeth and the right is for dishes and food prep. The middle is where the water is

Coffee beans up close. Where my perm site is in Santa Ana is where Starbucks buys their coffee

Where sugar cane is turned into sugar

Black bean field

Sugar cane on fire real close to my house

This is my host families chicken coop from above and the sugar cane on fire. This picture was taken from the front porch of my host famlies house

How close the fire is to the community... Crazy


So this is going to have to tide you all over for a while. I am getting sworn in tomorrow and will not have regular internet access for a while. This is a pretty good idea of my last two months!

2 comments:

  1. Great images Chelsea! Gives me a good idea of what you have lived like in the past months. Will be thinking of you tomorrow when you are sworn in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chels - These pix really hit home. It's amazing how well I was able to picture all these parts of your home life from your descriptions. I was humbled by your sleeping room and net. Wow. Have a happy day tomorrow - I am so proud of you! 3D

    ReplyDelete